Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Hoi Readers!

Looks like I'm the only one posting. Oh whale. Anyways, sorry for not posting the whole of November. Today's review is on one of the books which I recently finished. Six of Crows is set in the same universe as The Grisha Trilogy. In the second book, there are spoilers for that so I highly recommend you read that first. This book was aammmaaaaazzzziiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg excuse me but seriously, you should read it.
And now for the synopsis: (I'm too lazy to write my own so I'm analyzing the set synopsis)
--------
Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price--and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.
Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction―if they don't kill each other first.
---------
So what I got from this when I first read the synopsis was that it's probably a normal, everyday, criminal book. I only started reading it because of the author. As I read on, I realized that this was no everyday crime novel. There was magic, monsters, and the heist was not just stealing treasure, but a person. The six "crows" in Kaz's gang (counting himself) develop strong relationships throughout the two novels. While Six of Crows has it's fair share of romance, the story does not center around it, and rarely puts that in front of the main plot.
I rate this book 5/5 bookish badges (honestly why would I write a review on a book I don't like ha).
-Hanna

No comments:

Post a Comment