Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Hey Readers!

Well it has been 9 days since I have last posted. (Seriously, you can check). I was reading.... 5 books to be exact. (Reviews coming soon!) Oh and there was testing too! And our first meeting.....You get the point. A lot of stuff happened this past week. Anyway, here's my review for one of the books I read (just finished!) this week!

Illuminae (NOT ILLUMINATI) is a fast paced sci-fi, fantasy, and kind of romance novel. I started this book not knowing anything whatsoever about this, and I am happy to say that this book pleasantly surprised me. The story is told through many things, IMs, e-mails, conversation recordings, documents, and even through files from the ship's artificial intelligence core.

Illuminae is about Kady and Erza, two teenagers who once lived in Kerenza, an illegal mining colony on a distant planet, somewhere in this universe. When Kerenza gets attacked, on the day of Kady and Erza's breakup, things get a lot more complicated. They work together to escape Kerenza, but get separated and put onto different spaceships leaving Kerenza. It might seem that the major conflict is over now, but their problems are just getting started. They find out that they are in the middle of a corporation rivalry, a deadly plague is mutating, and the artificial intelligence aka AIDAN that is on Erza's ship just might be insane. In this space set story, you'll find many characters that you love, and hate, and some that you just don't know what to think! But in space, all Kady and Erza have just might be each other. I rate this book 5/5 bookish badges.
~Hanna
P.S. The sequel to this novel, Gemina, is coming out on October 18, and the main character in Gemina has my name! (Most of you probably wouldn't care but I care...)

No comments:

Post a Comment